We are excited to partner with a prominent and forward-thinking regional accountancy practice situated in the vibrant city of Swindon. Known for their commitment to innovation and exceptional client service, our client is seeking an experienced and dedicated Audit Manager to lead their dynamic audit team. This is a fantastic opportunity to make a significant impact within a well-respected practice while enjoying a collaborative and growth-oriented work environment.
Role Overview: As an Audit Manager, you will assume a leadership role within the audit department, overseeing a range of audit engagements and ensuring the delivery of high-quality services to a diverse client base. Your expertise in audit methodologies, team leadership, and client engagement will be critical in driving the success of both the team and the firm. This role offers the chance to lead and inspire while contributing to the continued growth of the practice.
- Manage and lead a team of audit professionals, fostering a collaborative and growth-oriented culture.
- Plan and execute audit engagements, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards and firm policies.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships, serving as a trusted advisor for their financial and business needs.
- Review and analyze financial statements, audit workpapers, and reports to ensure accuracy and adherence to standards.
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement best practices in audit procedures.
- Monitor industry trends and changes in accounting regulations, proactively advising clients on potential impacts.
- Provide timely and relevant insights to clients based on audit findings and industry knowledge.
- Lead and contribute to business development efforts, identifying opportunities to expand the firm's client base.
- Stay informed about emerging technologies and audit tools to enhance audit efficiency.
Qualifications and Skills:
- ACA, ACCA, or equivalent qualification.
- Proven experience (X+ years) in leading and managing audit engagements within an accounting practice.
- In-depth knowledge of auditing standards, IFRS, and UK GAAP.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and guide a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective client interactions.
- Proficiency in audit software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Analytical mindset with attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Competitive salary and performance-based incentives.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare and professional development support.
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment that values innovation and growth.
- Opportunity to work with a diverse range of clients and industries.
- Convenient location in Swindon with excellent transport links.
If you are an accomplished Audit Manager looking to lead a dynamic team and contribute to a thriving regional accountancy practice, we invite you to apply.