We are currently working with a leading accountancy firm to recruit a Finance manager to join them. You will support the Head of Finance & Administration by leading the operational day to day elements involved with running an effective finance team for the Group. This will involve leading a team of 4 staff whilst maintaining high standards of accuracy and timeliness to support the wider organisations.
- Oversee all day-to-day accounting activities including payroll which is outsourced;
- Responsible for reviewing and approving purchase invoices, payment runs and all supplier reconciliations;
- Oversight and responsibility for monthly reconciliation of control accounts for Balance Sheet items, payroll and fees;
- Oversight and responsibility for delivering Monthly MI (management accounts plus KPIs) on an agreed schedule.
Our ideal candidate for this role will:
- Hold a recognised accountancy qualification
- Be a competent and effective user of IT, especially advanced Excel, and have the ability to learn to use IT software quickly
- Have excellent numeracy and literacy skills with an ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Be comfortable with change and system improvements, including taking the lead to drive change
- Have excellent attention to detail and be analytically minded
- Have the ability to prioritise and deliver to tight deadlines and proactively take on ad-hoc project work as required
- Be able to communicate effectively with staff and external bodies at all levels
This role would suit a newly or recently qualified accountant who is looking to make their first move into industry, or indeed someone already in industry looking to make that move into management.
The firm are growing massively - both through acquisitions and organic growth so it is a really exciting time to join them and progress your career inline with an ambitious and growing business.
Please contact Lydia at ProTalent to find out more.