ProTalent are currently seeking a dedicated and detail-oriented Assistant Accountant to join one of our international business based in Surrey. This part-time role, spanning 3 days a week, offers an excellent opportunity to contribute to the financial operations of the organization. As an Assistant Accountant, you will be responsible for various accounting tasks, including sales invoicing, purchase invoice processing, online banking, VAT returns, and month-end accounting activities.
- Sales Invoicing: Prepare and issue sales invoices accurately and timely, ensuring proper documentation and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Purchase Invoice Processing - Matching with Advice Notes: Process and match purchase invoices with advice notes, verifying the accuracy of information and resolving discrepancies as needed.
- Daily Online Banking: Perform daily online banking activities, including monitoring cash inflows and outflows, reconciling bank statements, and resolving any banking-related issues.
- End of Month and Cross Charge Journals (Include Credit Card and Expenses Allocation): Assist in preparing end-of-month journals, including cross charge journals, credit card reconciliations, and allocation of expenses.
- VAT Return: Prepare and submit VAT returns in compliance with applicable tax regulations, ensuring accurate calculations and timely submission.
- Paying VAT and PAYE: Process payments for VAT and PAYE liabilities, ensuring timely and accurate settlement.
- Companies House Filing (Yearly): Support the preparation and filing of annual reports and other required documentation with Companies House in accordance with legal requirements.
- Year-End Accounts: Assist in the preparation of year-end financial statements, working closely with the finance team and external auditors.
- Monthly Management Accounts: Contribute to the preparation of monthly management accounts, including accurate and timely reporting of financial performance.
- Monthly Bank and Petty Cash Reconciliations: Reconcile monthly bank statements and petty cash transactions, identifying and addressing any discrepancies or irregularities.
- Group VAT Return: Collaborate with the group finance team to consolidate and prepare VAT returns for the organization's group entities, ensuring compliance with group policies.
- P11D: Assist in the preparation and submission of P11D forms, ensuring compliance with HMRC regulations regarding employee benefits and expenses.
You will have prior experience of working within accounts, however training will be provided for any responsibilities you are not already familiar with. You'll have a good personality as this is a small team and be a hands on member of staff.
The role will cover 3 full days worth of work, however 5 shorter days can be considered.
Apply now or speak to Ryan at Protalent to discuss in more detail.