ProTalent currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Audit Manager to join a top 50 UK accountancy practice based in Surrey. As an Audit Manager, you will play a crucial role in leading and managing audit engagements while working on a diverse and exciting client portfolio. This is a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in your career and make a significant impact within our reputable firm.
- Audit engagement management: Lead and manage a portfolio of audit engagements, ensuring that audits are planned, executed, and completed in accordance with applicable standards and within established timelines.
- Client relationship management: Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, acting as a trusted advisor. Understand their business needs, identify opportunities to provide additional value, and deliver exceptional client service.
- Team leadership and development: Mentor and develop a team of auditors, providing support, guidance, and ongoing feedback. Foster a collaborative and high-performing work environment, promoting continuous learning and professional growth.
- Audit execution and review: Oversee and participate in audit fieldwork, performing detailed testing procedures and reviewing workpapers. Ensure that audit procedures are appropriately documented, and findings are properly communicated to clients.
- Financial reporting and disclosure: Review and analyze financial statements and disclosures, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards (e.g., UK GAAP, IFRS). Identify any material misstatements or inconsistencies and propose necessary adjustments.
- Technical research and guidance: Stay up-to-date with evolving accounting and auditing standards, industry trends, and regulatory changes. Provide technical guidance to audit teams and clients on complex accounting and reporting matters.
- Business development: Contribute to the growth of the firm by identifying and pursuing new business opportunities. Build networks and actively participate in business development activities, including client proposals and presentations.
- Professional qualification: Hold a recognized accounting qualification (e.g., ACA, ACCA, CPA) or equivalent.
- Extensive audit experience: Minimum [X] years of experience in external audit within a reputable accountancy practice, including significant experience in managing audit engagements.
- Technical expertise: In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting, and auditing standards (e.g., UK GAAP, IFRS).
- Regulatory compliance: Familiarity with relevant regulations and requirements (e.g., Companies Act, Audit Regulations).
- Leadership skills: Proven ability to lead and motivate teams, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Client-centric approach: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Strategic mindset: Ability to think critically, analyse complex issues, and provide strategic insights to clients.
Apply now! This firm have an excellent reputation with career progression a guarantee for the right person. Salary package is competitive, hybrid working and flexible hours are on offer if required.