Personal Assistant to Two Partners at a well known and well respected accountancy practice in Mayfair
Our client are a professional services firm who provide tax and accountancy services to their prestigious clients across London, and further afield. We are seeking an experienced Personal Assistant to be based five days a week at their office in the heart of the West End where you will be supporting two Partners of the firm, whilst working as part of a wider support team. This role will suit someone who enjoys a fast paced and varied role.
The support team play an integral part to their success by taking responsibility for planning and organisation. Their proactive approach to what they do ensures their assignments operate seamlessly and co-operation remains strong across the firm. Joining this team, you’ll enjoy a friendly and supportive environment – and plenty of variety!
You’ll be someone who is both comfortable working proactively and managing your own tasks, as well as confident collaborating with others and communicating regularly with Senior Managers, Directors and other Partners within the Firm.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Managing and reviewing both Partner’s inboxes, responding to emails on their behalf, researching and drafting replies, where necessary;
- Extensive diary management using Microsoft Outlook, including forward planning, meeting preparation, room bookings, and coordination of both Partners’ activities;
- Daily catch-ups with both Partners to review their diaries and outstanding tasks;
- Proactively assisting both Partners and their teams with administrative tasks, e.g. billing reviews and fee notes, client engagement procedures, timesheets and expenses, all whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and professionalism;
- Audio and copy typing of correspondence such as emails, short letters, standard letters and/or complex/lengthy reports and proposals using our templates;
- Producing PowerPoint presentations following our house style;
- Handling sensitive and confidential information with the utmost discretion;
- General administration duties to include photocopying, scanning, mailing and using our electronic filing system to file documents;
- Keeping the firm’s website up to date including blog posts, bios for the team and taking / organising photos; Helping to organise departmental and ad hoc social events for the Team; and
- Providing administrative support to other Teams during periods of absence or annual leave.
- Previous experience working at PA level or similar role, preferably within an accounting, finance or legal environment;
- Ability to be a true right-hand person and maintain confidentiality;
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills; good follow up and coordination skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and work independently;
- Advanced-level skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of CCH and Virtual Cabinet, preferable but not essential; and
- As this role is office based, the ability to commute into London’s West End.
Environment and benefits
Your working week will be Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 6.00pm (with 1 hour for lunch), with the option to work flexibly from home, on an agreed basis.
Benefits for this PA role include (all of which are available after a successful probationary period):
- Competitive salary of £48,000 per annum;
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays);
- Private Medical insurance from Vitality;
- Flexible working, with the option to finish at 3.30pm on Friday, subject to work commitments;
- Pension, they pay double the statutory employer contribution to either NEST or your personal pension scheme;
- Exercise classes, currently offer a weekly Pilates class, given in work time!
- Charity work initiative, a paid week of leave annually for you to support a Charity with meaning to you;
- Well-being, we offer premium individual subscriptions to mindfulness apps and regular programs and events to support well-being in the office; and
- Cycle to work scheme or TFL Santander Cycle hire annual membership discounts.
For our loyal team members with time qualification, benefits also include increased annual leave entitlement, death in service cover of four times annual salary, enhanced parental leave policy and enhanced sabbatical policy.
Please contact Lydia at ProTalent to discuss in more detail.