ProTalent are currently working with a well-established accountancy firm to recruit a Payroll Administrator to join their successful team in Lewes.
- Well established and successful accountancy firm
- Large, diverse, and loyal client base
- Offer a full range of accountancy and business advisory services.
- Lovely, friendly team
- Beautifully modern offices
- Team days out
- Well-being initiatives
- Assisting the Payroll Manager to ensure smooth and effective payroll services to a large client portfolio.
- Day to day administration of client payrolls to include RTI submissions and end of year reporting
- Process payrolls in an efficient manner, utilising pension uploads, holiday scheme calculations and software uploads where appropriate
- Assist with the process of reviewing and checking payrolls from time to time if required
- Keep up to date with PAYE/NIC/Statutory payments and auto enrolment updates
- Send BACS payments
- Assist with small client set ups and ad hoc project work
- Pro-actively carry out payroll reconciliations and analysis
- Work collaboratively with other departments
- Provide a comprehensive service to clients to include additional advice and information requests as appropriate
- Communicate the full range of services on offer to clients such as nominals and Bacs Bureau payments to employees
- Use payroll software efficiently
- To work closely with other team members and assist with cover during periods of absence
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally
- Communicate effectively with third parties such as HMRC, GMB, Unison, pension providers etc
The successful applicant:
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload
- Be organised and methodical
- Have great communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Knowledge of IRIS/payrite & xero systems
- Competent in the use of excel and word
- 3-4 years relevant payroll experience, ideally in bureau but will consider industry applications
Thank you for your interest. Please contact Dominique to hear more.