We are working on a massively exciting opportunity for a Personal Tax Specialist to really catapult their career forwards.
- A highly successful, dynamic, ambitious accountancy practice based in the heart of Berkshire.
- Chartered Accountants, Chartered Tax Advisers and accredited to provide Probate Services.
- This role provides an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a substantial contribution and progress with the Practice.
- Preparation of tax returns for a portfolio of clients, including landlords.
- Review tax returns for other team members.
- Liaising with HMRC for ad hoc matters such as compliance checks, Let Property Campaign, Worldwide Disclosure Facility, 60 day CGT reporting.
- Advising clients of tax liabilities in a timely manner.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of tax legislation.
- Overseeing the firms personal tax compliance to ensure all deadlines and KPIs are met.
- Providing advice to clients in a tax planning capacity, to cover all taxes including inheritance tax.
- Advising clients on residency matters.
- Working alongside and reporting weekly to our tax director.
- Solid foundational experience working in a Practice tax environment.
- Qualified ATT or CTA (or candidate in final stages of CTA qualification).
- Previous experience delivering excellent service to clients.
- Ability to work on own initiative unsupervised.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Accounts and corporation tax experience would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Previous exposure to tax software (specifically Xero Tax and Digita) would be an advantage, along with a prerequisite for advanced Excel skills.