Semi-Senior Accountant (Huntingdon)
ProTalent, on behalf of our client, is currently recruiting for a motivated Semi-Senior Accountant to join the esteemed Business Services team at our client's Huntingdon office. This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral part of the growing Huntingdon team, located in a new office in Alconbury. This full-time position offers the possibility of a blend between on-site work and remote engagement in line with the firm’s agile working policy.
About the team
Our client's Business Services team in Huntingdon expertly handles an array of financial responsibilities, including bookkeeping, management accounts, year-end accounts preparation, personal tax, and various accounting responsibilities . The team caters to a diverse clientele spanning sectors such as technology, construction, and manufacturing, promising exposure to a versatile portfolio of work. The team fosters a sociable and friendly work environment.
About the role
The role primarily centres on preparing financial accounts for sole traders, partnerships, and limited companies, as well as overseeing corporation and personal tax compliance. Proficiency in both collaborative teamwork and independent work is essential, whether at our client's office or on-site at client premises. As certain tasks necessitate fieldwork, possession of a full UK driving license and access to personal transportation is mandatory.
Key qualifications / attributes:
- ACA or ACCA Semi/Part-Qualified or QBE
- High IT proficiency encompassing various software packages, particularly MS Office (Word, Excel), Sage, Xero, and Quickbooks. Familiarity with CCH software is advantageous.
- Possesses a minimum of 3 years of recent experience within a UK accountancy practice setting, with direct client interaction.
- Previous engagement in accounts preparation and tax returns for unincorporated and corporate clients.
- Proficient communication skills, demonstrated by confidence in client interactions.
- Demonstrates tenacity, thoroughness, and self-motivation, coupled with meticulous attention to detail, strong organisational aptitude, and adeptness in addressing potential issues.
- Capable of handling sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines, managing concurrent priorities, and adopting a proactive stance towards problem-solving within a compact team.
- Holds a valid UK driving license and personal vehicle to facilitate client site visits.