ProTalent is working with a top practice to recruit for a Tax Senior based in either Ramsey or March, who is experienced with the compliance side of tax and has an eye for detail for personal tax clients.
The role includes covering compliance issues for the region and ensuring that deadlines are met and will involve working alongside the Partners in connection with matters such as:
- Capital Gains Tax advice.
- CGT on UK property returns.
- Inheritance Tax.
- Trusts, including the trust registration service.
- Statutory Residence Test reviews and tax returns for non resident individuals.
- Supervising and reviewing the work of less senior members of the team.
- ATT qualified or equivalent
- CTA qualification or willingness to pursue it is a plus
- Proven experience in tax compliance services
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Proficiency in tax software and MS Office Suite
Some Corporation Tax and/or VAT knowledge would be advantageous. Great communication skills are essential, together with the ability to work in a team or independently. The candidate should also be comfortable communicating to clients, including explaining complex matters in a clear and straightforward manner
- Generous annual leave
- Opportunity to attend training courses, webinars, leadership, management development and continuing professional development programmes
- Flexible working is encouraged and regularly reviewed
- In case of long-term sickness or incapacity, income protection is provided
- Life assurance
- Paid study leave
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Health Shield cash back plan – for treatments such as dental, optical and physiotherapy etc (a more extensive list is available)
- Flu vaccinations
- Enhanced sick pay
- Tax efficient pension (salary sacrifice)
- Wellbeing programme, which includes counselling and mental health support and legal advice
- Team social events, fundraising and activities with other local offices